Monday, August 16, 2010

Sunday August 15th 2010

August is almost half way over!!  16 more days, give or take, and we will be on our way again!!

The weather is supposed to be a little cooler today, not much, but a little cooler. The Lodge Office is closed now and I can’t walk down to see what the work schedule is going to be like so I have to wait until Nick and I make the trek to the main park.  Shouldn’t be to bad but you never know. Nick and I went over while the coffee was brewing and got our sheets to check out the schedule.  Didn’t look to bad for us.  Nick and Sherry have a lot more over at the Lodge and cabins.  We have the house and the two cabins over here.  Could be worse, actually got worse after we started looking at them.  Makes you wonder how people live at home. The house and one cabin gave us enough laundry to do the rest of the day.  Linda stayed in the laundry the rest of the afternoon and tried to get caught up. The one washing machine was replaced. They both needed replacing but only had one spare I guess.  Linda got a workout in the laundry while I cleaned the 2 cabins.  I got a workout on the second cabin.  A ton of dirty laundry and dirty dishes in the sink and oven. I spent at least 2 hours on that cabin, with all the laundry. They were in the cabin three days!!  What a mess!! Guess as long as the owner makes money we shouldn’t complain.

When we got off work at 5PM Linda took a nap. She couldn’t get up to go to church so I went alone.  Met Don and LaVon there.  The service was pretty good.  Would have been better if I could have stayed awake. There was a presentation by John Wain, or narration by him, that had to do with Walter Brennen. I think the problem was, they turned down the lights and had music and singing which isn’t helpful in staying awake, for me!  I didn’t fall on the floor but was worried about that.

No pictures today.  We are tired and need to get to bed.  Didn’t even watch much TV tonight!!!  See Y’all tomorrow……

No comments:

Post a Comment