Friday, August 6, 2010

Thursday August 5th 2010

Still don’t know what happened to Tuesday!!! Well anyway, today is going to be cooler, it is sprinkling now and supposed to be cloudy today with a chance of meatballs. Oh, that was a movie they showed at the main park the other day, I would like to have seen it but was to tired to go over. May rent it some day. Linda and I don’t go to very many movies.

Our workload today keeps getting bigger for some reason.  It doesn’t look good. There are four turnarounds altogether which isn’t bad but one is the house and three at the motel. There is one at the Lodge also but Johnny Mac is taking care of that.  Linda and I boogie on over to the motel to get ready to whip them out real quick….nobody is checking out. Checkout time is 11AM and they are all waiting until 11AM I guess. We boogie back over to the Lodge after getting the check ins ready and started on the refreshes.  We finished six refreshes before anyone checked out.  BUMMER…makes things really tight.  The house takes us over two hours and the other rooms almost an hour apiece.  That, if my figures are right, would take us until 4PM and check in time is 2PM.  I told them we wouldn’t be done by 2PM and they just said let us know. OK, we finally finished all the rooms at about 3:30PM which was pretty fast for us, we don’t like to go to fast, we miss stuff.  Only one couple had to wait though and only for a few minutes.  You know, I am sure who ever reads this doesn’t really care, but this is my diary and I can look back on it next year and say, “wonder why I ever worked there???”

Linda has a Dr appointment this evening. We went to the clinic about 5:30PM and got in to see Dr Robyn Bays.  The people at the clinic are really friendly and even though we waited for about two hours to get in it wasn’t to bad. The nurse was a hoot.  She tested Linda’s blood sugar again and it was 300!!!  Not good.  She didn’t eat much today and the nurse said she needed to eat at least 6 snacks a day to keep the sugar regulated. I don’t think that means 6 candy bars but good snacks like fruit or something.  Dr Robyn checked her over pretty thoroughly and set up lab work for her at Skaggs Hospital.  She says after these tests she will know for sure if she is a diabetic.  This really took Linda by surprise, she thought maybe just hypoglycemia, but that is just a symptom of another problem. We will find out more later.

 

After leaving the clinic we stopped at the Farm House Restaurant for a little something to eat…

100_0925

100_0922

Linda had a BBQ sandwich and I had all you can eat shrimp.  Wonder if it is from the Gulf?  Didn’t taste like oil so guess it was OK.  I didn’t make a pig of myself this time.  I could have stopped at six pieces but the waiter brought me 6 more and I sure couldn’t let them go to waste, maybe my waist, but not to throw them away.  My shrimp was excellent, her sandwich wasn’t the greatest. By the time we got done eating and got home it was 10PM.  That was a long, or short night.  We are both tired, kept falling asleep in the waiting room.  Oh, back to the waiting room, there were people in there talking about things that I wouldn’t want to talk about even in private let alone in public to strangers, Grandma and grand daughter… well, no, I’m not going to write it down either…let Y’all wonder about it…..Night Y’all…….

1 comment:

  1. So sorry you had to be exposed to that in the waiting room. Hope they got to see the chaplain.
    Got to keep reading to see what the tests results are.

    ReplyDelete