Monday, August 2, 2010

Sunday August 1st 2010

This is the first day of August, will have 29 days left now!!

I went down to talk to Maggie, I already new that we had a full day ahead of us plus probably more that hadn’t been put on the sheet. I was right, the house was a turn around and so were two cabins and not sure if more were added after we started working. The house is nice but it is big, it is a 3 bedroom house with a sofa bed and a futon. Linens are supplied for everything plus towels etc. I think the hardest part is to round up all the laundry. It is usually spread all over the house, under furniture, in closets, under beds etc.  We really don’t have enough matching “pretty” stuff for a complete change so some things have to be laundered which isn’t a fast process since the laundry is about a football field away. Sorry but the “pretty” stuff we put in there didn’t match very well. Next time maybe it will.

 

We worked through lunch to get the house done before check in time at 2PM and found out that Nick and Sherry also worked through their lunch. We quit at 4PM and I’m not sure what time Nick and Sherry quit, they were still working when we went home.  We both have a boatload of laundry to do. There is always tomorrow.

I was outside putting some bottled water in the little refrigerator and I saw what I thought was a leaf, but it moved.  It was something I hadn’t seen before, quite a different looking green bug, wonder if it is one that make all the noise we hear all night and all day???

100_0909

Doesn’t really look like a locust or a grasshopper, not sure what it is..

We went to church tonight and met James and Janice there. Went out to Pizza Hut afterwards for some pizza and pasta.  Linda got a three cheese pasta or macaroni and I had an Alfredo Chicken pasta dish.  Mine was pretty good, Linda’s was almost to rich to eat.  Had a good time. James has a Doctors appointment later, he has a couple lumps that he is kind of worried about, don’t blame him.

100_0911

The waitress, Tonya, was a hoot, she had a different way of delivering the food!!

100_0913

Actually she posed for this at my request.  She happened to be cleaning the floor with the broom.

100_0912

I would imagine “goofing around” makes the time go a lot faster. Don’t like a waiter or waitress that doesn’t smile, seems like they don’t want to be working or talking to you or taking care of you either.

Well, after eating to much again it was time to go on home to the camper and relax. Oh, after moving Friday, Bobby, Maggie’s husband, was checking camping sites and went back and told Maggie that “Joel and Linda” left!!!  He then told Roger the same thing and Roger asked if there were any sites occupied that weren’t supposed to be, he said he thought maybe one so he had to come check on us.  Later in the day I heard Bobby on the radio and I had to get on there and say “oh Bobbyyyy, I’m back”.  He didn’t say anything but stopped at the cabin where I was working.  He was really worried that we had left!  Nice to be missed. Hope Y’all have a great August…..

No comments:

Post a Comment