Sunday, August 22, 2010

Saturday August 21st 2010

Seven more working days!!  The time is really going fast now!  There are things we would have like to have done but we are sure we won’t have enough time.  There are shows we would like to have seen and I would like to have gone on the Branson Belle.  Oh well, maybe next time.

I got up early this morning but not as early as Linda!!!  She was up around 4AM and she started some country ribs in the crock pot.  Smells good.  I got up around 5AM and made some more Jalapeno bread.  The jalapenos aren’t spicy for some reason.  I put a Serrano pepper in with it to see if it would spice it up any.  Linda found a package of Italian cheese, a blend of five different cheeses.  I’m not going to try to name them but I used all the cheese so hopefully it will taste good.  Ginny Lee kind of got on to me yesterday for not giving her any bread the last time I made it so I figured today would be the only day I could make it and give it to her.  They are leaving on vacation tomorrow.

We had a pretty light workload again today.  I think that may change tomorrow but that is OK, hopefully we will get everything done tomorrow before our days off so Daniel and Rachael won’t have to do it.  They are having a pretty easy time of it also.  Not to many people are camping here now and that means the rest rooms aren’t used nearly as much.

Linda and I had a cabin to do and some refreshes.  There were linens to do from the cabin so we left them for the afternoon.  I spent time going through some of the cabinets seeing what was not doing us any good and getting rid of a few things.  Cleared our a pretty good space.  We also finished the laundry.  Found an ice cream pail with damp rags in it.  Didn’t smell good at all.  I washed them up and hopefully they won’t smell now.

After work we were going over to Don and LaVon’s for a cookout.  Well, Don was done cooking when we got there and they were waiting for us.  Dennis and Sally were also there, they are also in the CRM Ministry and camp at the same campground with Don and LaVon.  We had a great meal and three great games of Zilch (aka stupid game).  Sally brought a fruit salad that was delicious and the pork chops were delicious, well, everything was delicious….

100_1026

Had an excellent evening but I think Don wasn’t feeling to chipper, headache again I think.  Had a lot of good laughs and a good memories of a fun evening..

When we got home Linda was going to do up the dishes.  Couldn’t find the dish soap.  I looked all over for it and I came to the conclusion I threw it away….HMMMMM wonder why I would do a thing like that?  Oh well, to the $100 store tomorrow I guess.  Until then we have to contend with the dishes on the counter.  Not fun but I guess we will manage.  Time to go to bed and have sweet dreams about another day at Compton Ridge.  Night Y’all…..

1 comment:

  1. We sure did have fun. Lots of sharing and laughs. I'm pretty amazed that we got six people around that little table!

    ReplyDelete