Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Tuesday August 17th 2010

Fourteen more days!!  The time is really going fast.  Linda doesn’t think so, she thinks it is going slow.  We have 10 working days left now, well, I may help next week on Monday and Tuesday since no one is scheduled to clean.  I don’t mind helping out, Daniel and Rachael will be the only cleaners on for those two days.  Nick and Sherry will be taking their vacation next week and we sure hope they enjoy there time off.  I know we have enjoyed our couple of days off.

Let me see, I got the laundry done and took a shower before Linda got up this morning.  I’ve been busy!  We had to go to the bank and to Wal-Mart this morning to get a few things.  When we got back I went over and talked to Nick and Sherry.  They were cleaning a cabin a couple of doors away from us. I always get a kick out of talking to them and discussing some of the things that have been happening, things I can’t write down here, well, I could but that wouldn’t be kosher.

We went over to Don and LaVon’s tonight for a great meal. Don made a pot roast that was excellent and had mashed potatoes, carrots, celery and peanut butter!!!  Couldn’t taste the peanut butter but everything was delicious.  Also had string beans.  I ate to much…Oh, the mashed potatoes weren’t in with the pot roast, but the rest of it was.

100_1007

Don carving the pot roast, of course we all had to watch.  Don also made desert, well, pound cake was from the store but he fixed up blueberries and strawberries with a yogurt and lemon curd sauce, excellent.  Linda also made a desert, a cherry cobbler type of thing…

100_1005

It looks different but it tasted good.  We will try a blueberry type of cobbler next time.

We played a couple of games of Zilch after supper and Don won the first game and I’m not sure who won the second one, was it the scorekeeper???

We came home kind of early. Don had a headache and we have to work in the morning so we decided to make an early night of it.

Linda got to talk to her cousin in Picayune.  They are doing well and her Aunt Virgie is back in the Assisted Living home again and happy to be there.  It is sad though that they had to sell her house that they built and lived in for probably forty years or more or less.  I don’t really know.  That is the only place I remember seeing them.

Well it is time to go to bed, I know tomorrow will be another work day and I would like to feel good anyway.. Sigha narra….

1 comment:

  1. ha ha... no, the scorekeeper did not win. Your sweet wife won the second game. It was fun anyway.
    (Just had leftover strawberries and blueberries in lemon curd/vanilla yogurt for breakfast... no pound cake.

    ReplyDelete