Friday, August 27, 2010

Thursday August 26th 2010

WOW what gorgeous weather!!!  Got up this morning and it was 66 degrees in the camper.  The air conditioner was off all night and it is nice and cool.  Supposed to be nice all day but the warm weather is coming back.

We had a pretty slow day today, one checkout and a refresh that didn’t want to be disturbed.  The carpet cleaners where at the Lodge this morning to clean all the rooms so I had to get a couple pictures of that.

100_1064

100_1065

100_1066

I think they wondered why I was taking their picture so I let them know it was for my blog.  When they came back for lunch Roger asked me to take them to the house to show them the carpet that needed cleaning there.  I didn’t get to look at it after they were done but they said the spots were gone, at least until it dried.  I also got to take a look at some of the rooms at the Lodge and they do look pretty nice. I had a rough time this afternoon finding things to do.  I washed windows, lubricated the locks and used the broom to clean cob webs.  I was glad when 5 PM rolled around.

Roger and Heidi asked us over tonight for supper. I didn’t get a picture of the chicken Roger cooked on the grill, that he marinated with a new type of marinate, Lowry’s dried tomato and basil I think is what he said it was.  We are going to have to try some of that, it was great and the chicken was cooked perfect.  Heidi made stuffed portabella mushrooms.  Excellent!  She stuffed them with a spinach quiche type of stuff.  She also made wild rice. She also made a desert. I think we need to get some recipes. The desert was a cherry stuffed pastry and I’m sure there is a name for it besides desert. I didn’t get pictures of the food……but…..100_1068

Yep, this is Snickers….loves company, loves attention.  I need to find another picture…

100_0638

Since I didn’t get a picture last night I thought I better look back through my pics and get one of them. They are excellent managers and a great couple to work for. IF, If, we came back it would be because of them, not the job.  The others working here are great also. We always have a great time with the people here.  We will miss the “mandatory” potluck next Tuesday night but we have places to go etc etc etc…

When we got back home it was about time for bed.  Time to open the camper and turn on the fan, we know it is going to get cool tonight.

Oh, I have to add this, Nick came over about 6 PM after getting back from Silver Dollar City. Their air conditioner quit working and he asked if I could take a look.  Sure I can do that.  After looking inside then on top and having him try the a/c again I came back down. My brain doesn’t work to fast but I thought one more look at the circuit breakers, so he showed me the circuit breakers and as he was showing me he happened to reset it, then turned it on and guess what???? The a/c works!!  The only thing I can think of Nick is that it is pay back for calling my car a “girlie” car.  What do you think??? Call my car what you want but be prepared for payback!! My car must have a straight line to your a/c Nick, be careful!!!

Time to go to bed….Night Y’all…

No comments:

Post a Comment