Sunday, August 15, 2010

Saturday August 14th 2010

Sometimes I think of different things.  For example 100 years ago, 1910 my father was 2 years old, there was no TV, I don’t think homes had telephones, airplanes were just starting to fly and cars were, well, not very many!  One of the big things was (or is to us) air conditioning.  I’m sure it hadn’t been invented yet and I was talking to Bobby yesterday and he said that they had gotten air conditioning for his grandmother and after she had it for awhile she couldn’t go back outside because it was just to hot! Are we being ruined? I know that some of the things that we have today, if they were suddenly taken away, we would be in a world of hurt!  Electricity, what did people do without electricity? What would we do now without it?  We sure would suffer.  It could happen that all these things could be taken away from us in an instant and that would be worse than the Wall Street crash back a long time ago, I’m bad, I don’t even know when it was.  I don’t think I was around or at least to young to remember it. So much for my soap box.

We had a pretty good day today, I baked some bread this morning, nothing special, we finished the last of ours off yesterday.  We have been making an egg sandwich for breakfast and is quite good on homemade bread that is toasted.

This afternoon we took off with Daniel and Rachael and rode up through the countryside looking for Highlandville.  We found it but had to stop and ask directions.  The highways here in the mountains (or hills) really twist and turn.  It took us an hour to get there and there really wasn’t much there. We went on into Springfield then on to Strafford.  We stopped at Camping World to look around for awhile then back home because Daniel and Rachael had to go to work.

We had a sandwich then off to see Don and LaVon over at Branson View Campground.  That is a nice campground.  The view is really nice too. The lights of the city kind of sparkle at night.  I tried to get a picture but they didn’t turn out very well..

100_0987

100_0991

This picture turned out better than I thought it would..

We had played a couple of games of Zilch before we left, the score keeper didn’t win!!!

100_0985

We met Don and LaVon at Coffeyville KS when I was working at Amazon.com.  Don was the chaplain there and LaVon got to lead the singing!!  I tried to help her with the singing but after working 10 hours on Saturday night it wasn’t easy.  She said towards the last we had help but I can’t remember anyone singing with us, I may have been asleep???

We stopped at Wal Mart on the way home to pick up some jalapeno peppers. Going to make some jalapeno bread Monday I think. 

It is getting late, especially for me, and I think I need to go to bed…Night Y’all……

1 comment:

  1. Ha Ha... the score keeper didn't win. You were on a roll tonight. :-)

    ReplyDelete