Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Sunday June 30th 2013

Church today!  We went and picked Miss Lorene and Miss Kay and went on to church.  Sunday School and Church were both down today, guess people had other things to do.

Well, Sunday School class went OK but I sure wish I could get them to do their lessons and the memory versus aren’t really coming together either.  We will see what happens.

I did something in church today, I challenged the church to memorize the versus that we are memorizing.  We still have about eight weeks to memorize eight versus, plenty of time.

I have been trying to get someone to take over the class for one Sunday but no volunteers yet.  Like to get someone to step out of their comfort zone and do the class for one Sunday.

After church Sunday on the way out Pastor Jimmy asked me to do a song tonight, OK, I will get Loyd to sing with me and that would be fun.  Pastor Jimmy said Loyd wasn’t going to be here tonight, oh boy, got to step out of my comfort zone and sing a solo.  Got to practice what I preach I guess.

We took Miss Lorene and Miss Kay to the DQ for lunch.  They have a pretty good lunch for $5.  Plenty to eat and it was good.

This afternoon we took it easy, I looked up a song to sing and called Coyita if she could play it and she said she could.  I think the name of the song is “This World is not my Home” and I guess it went OK, we had to lower the music about five notes so I could hit the high spots, should have gone down six notes I guess, I had a hard time with the high notes.  After that song I asked Clydie if she would like to help sing “I’ll Fly Away” and she and Pastor Randy and I sang that song, but Coyita hadn’t changed the piano back so after the first verse I had to stop here and have here change it back so I could hit the low notes.  After that the song went greatSmile

One of these Sundays I am going to get a picture of our class and post it here.

Time to say Night Y’all…..

No comments:

Post a Comment