Monday, July 8, 2013

Sunday July 7th 2013

Well I am kind of nervous about Sunday School this morning.  I know what I want to say and how I want to present it but that doesn’t always work well.  I am human and I do make a lot of mistakes.

We picked up Miss Kay this morning, she has really been faithful about going to church with us!  Miss Lorene had other plans for this Sunday but she said she would go with us next Sunday.

Well, Sunday School was different, at least we had a pretty good class, size wise.  The teenagers came over to our class but they sit there like bumps on a log. Mr. Joe says that they do participate in “their” class.  Not exactly what he told me earlier but I can imagine they don’t really participate very much.  They don’t do their lesson, but then neither does our class.  Wonder what you have to do to get them to at least read their lesson????  I tried, kind of, to shame them into memorizing the eight verses but I don’t think that it did much good, only God knows.  I went through most of the versus and explained them and went on a little deeper, and I did all this by memory.  I haven’t got all the verses memorized but six out of eight isn’t bad and we still have six more weeks.  I think I will have them memorized by that time.

Church was good, Pastor Randy had a good sermon and it kind of went along with the Sunday School lesson we had, kind of…

After church we had to take Miss Kay home and Linda and I went out to eat.  We told Miss Kay we would take her out next week, if she remembers her noon time medicine… I will remind her next week.

Linda and I talked about the church and the fellowship in the church.  The only people we have fellowship with is Jim and June and we pretty much keep that going.  Linda called Miss Coyita and asked her about fellowship and if they would like to come over sometime and she said that no one ever asks them over!  I think that is sad.  I think we are going to start asking different members over for a meal and some fellowship.  As I think about the different churches I have been to none of them have any fellowship, in home fellowship.  Think it is time to start doing something about that.  We sure miss Harvest Time!!!  Oh, as Linda was talking to Miss Coyita, she had told Pastor Randy on the way home that they should ask us over sometime.  Think we may do it first.

Church tonight was different.  Mr. Loyd said that he found a song we should try to sing and it is called “Little is Much” which the title is a little longer than that but I had heard it before so we decided to go ahead and sing it tonight.

Mr. Pete said that people should be called on at random to recite the versus we are learning!!  Cool!!  When Mr. Loyd and I got up to sing I had to agree with Mr. Pete and thought it would help to get people to memorize, may make them stay home tooSad smile…  I just had to recite the verse that he actually didn’t mention but he said the third verse so I gave it to them.  I’m glad I have started to memorize these verses.  After the singing Pastor Randy quizzed us on the memory versus and I think I am the only one that recited or finished them.  There are still two that I don’t really know very well and I am learning them in the New Living Translation which is almost like the Living Bible version.  To me it is the easiest one to memorize.  Miss Coyita played different songs, mostly old ones, and we tried to guess what they were.  I got the first one and the next twenty I didn’t know.  Miss Mary knew most of them and so did Miss Jeanne.

I took a picture of one of the flowers that are just starting to bloom, the plant looks like a weed but the flowers are beautiful..

P1010997

These flowers don’t last very long but the plant usually has eight or ten buds and if they bloom one at a time and last for a couple of days they should bloom for about three weeks… Love it!!

Brenna called tonight and asked about staying with us the night before they head back to San Diego.  We will be here and we will be glad to have them.  Another day with the kids and grandkids would be great!!!  We decided not to do Chicago so this will be another night, or day with them….

Been a long day and it is actually past my bed time…Night Y’all…

No comments:

Post a Comment