Thursday, January 31, 2013

Wednesday January 30th 2013

I have been off the computer for quite awhile.  I went in for surgery on Monday January 21st and I may have written about that but I can’t remember. Oh well, since then I have had a touch of the Texas Crud and just been feeling all my 69 years of age.  Didn’t stop me from tearing out our kitchen though.  I am going to put in a couple of pictures of the progress….

Starting date was Jan 23rd 2013…

P1010470

P1010474

P1010478

The above pictures were all on the same day and I will tell you by the end of the day I thought that I would drop.  I guess from the Texas Crud and the residual effects of the anesthetic and starting this morning at 8AM I guess I should be tired.  I was amazed though that we got all this done and if it hadn’t been for Joe and Don I definitely wouldn’t have gotten it done.

We had a chili supper tonight at the club house and it was excellent.  Mary and Joe put it on and it was great.

Next day Joe started putting down the tiles.  They are “peal and stick” and we are putting down glue to make sure they stick.  Made a mistake back home!

P1010479

P1010480

P1010486

They put the tile down in one day and it looks like a professional job.  I haven’t got the patience to do it and get it down as straight and neat as it looks now!

We took Sunday off and Monday I had Don help put the refrigerator back in it’s spot. The carpeting can go back into place and the dining table can go back where it belongs.  Our place is very small and with everything in the living room we don’t have much living space, empty kitchen!  Maybe I made a mistake, I think we started this venture on Friday, not sure but I think that it was on Friday January 25th and not on Wednesday.  I think I was still recuperating from the surgery.

Well, sometime this week we starting putting cabinets back in, not much for cabinets but they are going back in again…

P1010491

Joe is marking the sink hole.  We spent most of the day getting the cabinet front straight and cutting the hole for the sink.  We got the base cut and put back in then started cutting the cement board for the counter top.  Joe’s wife Mary, is going to tile the counters.  She loves doing that kind of stuff.  Mary, Cheryl and Linda will go pick up the tile so they will probably start on it this weekend.  The cement board does not cut good.  We don’t have the right cutting tools for it.  I have an appointment with the doctor this afternoon so on the way home we will stop and pick up some blades to cut cement.

The doctors visit was something else.  We got there early, I don’t like to be late.  My appointment was for 3:15PM and it was almost 6PM before I got to see him and during most of this time I was freezing.  I got my stitches out and we got to the car and turned on the heater.  We were both cold.  Stopped at Home Depot and I regret almost every time I go in there, they don’t have much help and seems the ones they do have don’t know much.  Lowe’s seems to be much better but I still prefer Menard’s.  We got what we needed and stopped at McDonald’s for a burger and headed home.  It was still warm in the house but it is supposed to get pretty cool tonight.  Well guess that covers part of the last eight or ten days… Night Y’all…

2 comments:

  1. I have been so negligent in writing my blog lately, too, Joel. And also behind in reading. I'm so mad at myself that we didn't know you were having surgery.
    Your kitchen floor looks great. Can't wait, now, to see you next blog post as you progress with the cabinets. So thankful you have good help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the tile looks really good. I'm so glad you have good friends to help you out. I can't believe that you were keeping so busy after surgery.

    We all hate waiting at MD offices, but your wait time really takes the cake - and to be cold in there to boot!

    ReplyDelete