Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Wednesday January 9th 2013

OK I know that it has been a few days since I’ve written in the blog.  Not sure what I’ve been doing but the time sure is flying.  I was just thinking that we have been here almost two months now and our time is almost half gone!  Somewhere around the end of March we will be heading back.

I can’t remember much of what we did all those days so I will try to put in a few things.  I know we made a pot of chili and it was excellent.  We are starting to have a problem with our oven.  It lights but won’t stay lit.  I called the place where we bought it and they are going to send out a repairman Monday or Tuesday to look at it. Well, he came yesterday and he is going to have to come back, he couldn’t get it to work.  He wanted to say it was our problem but when he couldn’t get it to work either, well, he is going to get a couple of new parts and I can almost guarantee it won’t work then either, but I could be wrong.

We went to church Sunday, had a good service and then in the afternoon, or evening we went to a dance at a place called Riverside, it’s on the Rio Grande River.  We didn’t really care for the band or the dance hall but the outside was not bad looking, got a picture of Linda and the Rio Grande…..

P1010446

The river is a lot wider than I thought or remembered.  It isn’t a real clean river either.

Sparky found a new friend, Jasmine…

P1010444

Well, Sparky likes her, not sure she likes him very well.  This is Don and Cheryl’s cat.

Went to a jam (?) on Monday night.  A long time resident here and his son played.  His son, Billy, played lead for a group called Shenandoah and he is a good singer and a great guitar player…

P1010437

Billy’s father’s name is Bob and  I think he may have done a lot of entertaining.  They both have CDs, Linda bought a couple.

Let me see, I went to the doctor yesterday I think.  I have a cist on my throat that is infected so I go to a surgeon next Wednesday for a consultation and hopefully they can remove it on Thursday, it is getting kind of sore and ugly.  We are having a little trouble getting medicine but it isn’t because of the pharmacy, but the communication between the Dr and the pharmacy.  The doctor back in Sikeston won’t refill Linda’s prescription without seeing her, hum, she is a thousand miles away and he knew we were leaving and he did see her about two months before we left.  Oh well, probably have to see another doctor down here.

We took on another job here, we are going to make breakfast twice a month at the club house.  Shouldn’t be  to bad, there are seventeen signed up for it.  I am going to make the biscuits and Linda is going to make the gravy.  We had biscuits and gravy a couple of weeks ago and it was free so this time the will pay dearly for itSmile..  In two weeks we will have pancakes and sausage.

OK, I have probably missed a lot but at least I’m doing something now.

Oh, we went to a jam at the club house tonight.  Two guitars and a fiddle player.  Actually they were pretty good.  They sing the old songs, most of them I haven’t heard before but it was good, not a good turn out though.

Time to say Night Y’all…

1 comment: