Thursday, January 17, 2013

Wednesday January 16th 2013

I go to the doctor today, Linda is sick, I figure I will go by myself but Linda got up and went with me.  I fixed her a cup of tea with cinnamon and honey and hopefully she will feel OK for the time we are gone.

I got to the doctor ahead of schedule so I turned in my paper work and paid my $50 for the visit.  This is getting expensive!  As we were sitting there waiting I checked the bank and the $50 has already been taken from our banking account!  It has only been about ten minutes.  They get there money fast!

The doctor said the cists will have to come off, they will just get infected   again.  I thought they would do it in the office but I have to go to the hospital and I can imagine what that is going to cost.  My guess will be that I will probably have to pay around $500, hopefully I will be pleasantly surprised and it will be less.

Linda is really not feeling well.  I will have to go to the hospital later this week to get tests done.  I think they are going overboard with this but I imagine they want to be covered all the way around and the insurance will pay for a lot and they want their part (plus?).

I fixed a sour orange pie.  Doesn’t sound good does it?  Well, I also made the crust and that wasn’t the best, I made it like a biscuit and it tasted good but not like a crust.  The filling was pretty good though.  I haven’t made one of these pies for probably twelve years and I couldn’t remember how to make it but it turned out pretty good, gave some to Don and Cheryl and they gave me a crust so with the left over filling I added a few ingredients and made another one.  I think it may be a little better with the graham cracker crust, definitely better that the one I made!

Linda has slept most of the day, I keep turning the heat up and tonight I have the temperature in here around seventy two degrees which for here is pretty warm and the furnace does run a lot.  I figure it will cost about forty or fifty dollars for heat this month if it doesn’t warm up. We are comfortable though.

I took a picture of a stick bug (Preying Mantis) the other day..

P1010454

I didn’t look real close at it but now I’m not sure which is the head.  Looks like the bottom has a mouth but the top has feelers!  Not a bug person for sure.

P1010455

Another beautiful sunrise, looks like a may have moved the camera a little!

Time to say Night Y’all…

1 comment:

  1. Good pic of the bug. I thought the top was the head. Also love the pic of the sunrise - the squiggly lights make it neat too! :)

    ReplyDelete