Saturday, February 9, 2013

Saturday February 9th 2013

I forgot that last night we went over to Don and Cheryl’s for a little visit. He said he would help with the trim tomorrow, which is today.

Well, I decided to paint this morning.  The cabinets are not very nice.  Have lots of scratches and dirt. I painted some trim first to see what the paint looked like.  Well, it is off white and I am not real sure about it but I think maybe it will be OK.  I started taking off the hardware from the doors.  I can’t believe it, seems like everything is glued!  The hinges I had to pry off with a screw driver and some of the wood came off with it.  We have a couple of doors that have handles and glass inserts.  Well, I broke one of the glass inserts but luck was with me, it broke in two pieces and didn’t shatter!  I had to take the handles off which were also stuck or glued or something.  I used a screwdriver and hammer to get them off, should have taken the glass out first.  Oh well, it doesn’t look to bad with the crack in it and we will get some glue to make sure the window stays together.

Don came over and helped me paint.  Glad he did, he is a better painter than I am.  The paint really doesn’t look to bad.  It definitely isn’t a bright white but it is OK.

I finished putting the hardware back on and only lacked one screw.  Usually I have things left over but not this time.

We went to Wal Mart this afternoon and got a new pan, actually a couple new pans, not sure they will be good but we will try and see.

Tonight I have been trying to download Skype on my phone.  I can’t get it to work on this computer unless it linked to this computer, we will see what happens later.

I think Linda is watching her shows she taped, shows I don’t really care for. She is in the bedroom watching them and I am trying to get caught up with the blog and messing with Skype.  Skype for me isn’t user friendly. I have a really hard time getting it to work.

Time to say Night Y’all….

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for trying the SKYPE thing. It would be nice for you to be able to see the kids if you are able to get it to work! :)

    ReplyDelete