Friday, February 15, 2013

Friday February 15th 2012

OK I haven’t been on the computer for quite awhile, I have been putting it off because, well, just because I am kind of lazy I guess.  I am going to try to remember some of the high points during the week.

Can’t really remember what we did on Monday and I guess Linda can’t either!  Well, some of the high points, we went to the Aloe Vera Farm for lunch and a tour, the lunch was chicken and mashed potatoes with string beans and pie for desert.  We went on a tour of the Aloe Vera field..

P1010530

This guy was a hoot!  He is picking the flowers and we got to taste them and they did kind of taste like fresh frozen peas.  In the next picture he put some of the juice (slime) on his hair…

P1010535

I didn’t really notice until now that Sharon and Wayne are rubbing their heads too, I think maybe they had some of the slime on their hands, in fact I think most of us were putting it in our hair.  Supposed to be good for you.

P1010539

This was the wagon they rode in, Wayne and Sharon had a golf cart and Linda and I drove a cart with Cindy and Mary…

P1010541

I thought that this tour was really good.  I would do it again, maybe next year.

We had a valentine dinner which was excellent.  They had country ribs with baked potatoes and the ribs were big and tasted great.

P1010543

We had a good time but these dinners don’t last very long, people don’t stay around, in fact, I think they had games after the dinner. but we went on home and just took it easy.  They had the Thursday night dance at Mission Bell, but we hadn’t planned on going because we figured it would be packed.

We went to Lowe’s and I picked up a couple more pieces of trim for the kitchen and also picked up a compound miter saw.  I had to try it out and it really works great.  I cut all the trim for the kitchen and one piece I had to redo because it was a little bit short but it sure cuts the angles good.  Got a picture of the kitchen…

P1010552

Almost done with the kitchen, still have a couple of pieces of trim to put on but we are almost finished.  Don came over with his air stapler and put all the trim on in just a few minutes.

Today I went to Wal Mart and got a little paint to cover the staples and I finished putting the caulk around the edges.  I was looking at the picture above and you can see the new floor also.  That really turned out great. The floor is solid now and the tile looks great on the floor.

Well, I think we will take it easy tonight and watch some TV even though there isn’t much on but we will probably watch it anyway….Night Y’all.

1 comment: