Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Monday February 4th 2013

Weather is beautiful today, supposed to be in the 80s and sunny!!

Mary is coming over this morning to grout the tile on the counter.  It looks good already but I’m sure the grout will make it look a lot better then I will seal the grout tomorrow.

The grout sure makes a mess.  She did a good job filling all the cracks and they, Mary and Joe, started cleaning.  I kept pretty busy just getting clean water, but I did help clean off the tiles.  It is supposed to be cleaned three times after letting it dry.  It really looks nice while it is wet but when it dries it sure gets a cloudy coat on it.  After letting it dry I used a dry cloth to clean the tiles off but they don’t clean up very well.  Sure looks a lot nicer…

P1010503

Mary is spreading the grout here.  They are very thorough.

I see the time is almost 2:30PM so she has been working for awhile or maybe this is when she came back.  Tomorrow I will put a picture in the blog of the almost finished product.

It is very warm this afternoon, I think it got close to 89 which is the record for today or maybe it was 88, not sure but it didn’t make it.  Close, but didn’t tie the record, maybe tomorrow.

We watched TV tonight and I keep thinking I need to put the sink in.  Well, at 10:30 I finally started it and most everything went wrong.  The clips to hold the sink in are just about a quarter inch to short but I did get them on but the sink didn’t really fit well.  I hooked up the water and the drain and thankfully only had one leak and that was in the drain and it was an easy fix, just had to put in a washer and tighten it back down.  Midnight!  Time to go to bed.  Oh, the faucet works great, just like a new one!!!

Night Y’all….

1 comment:

  1. The tile does look nice! Can't believe you decided to start a project like that at 10:30 pm!!! Give us a little of your heat you've been having so we can both be closer to 75... :)

    ReplyDelete