Friday, July 29, 2011

Thursday July 28th 2011

Our poor garden!!  It is so hot and dry out most of the plants wither during the day but they perk up some at night.  The tomato plants look great but aren’t doing a lot  There are tomatoes on them but they are very slow turning.  The Heirloom is probably the biggest plant and has lots of blossoms but no tomatoes.  Can’t figure that one out.

Today at work I will start on a mobile home that has a hole in the floor.  Mark took me over this morning and we assessed the situation. Doesn’t look to bad but pressed board and moisture don’t mix well at all.  Looks like there had been a leak at one time or another and the floor just gave way in that spot.  I ended up taking out a four by twelve foot section at the end of the mobile home which wasn’t easy.  They use staples to hold the flooring down and these staples were really in there tight.  Took me all morning to get the flooring up and get the piece under the wall even with the floor joist.  I’m starting to get sore and of course it isn’t real cool inside but we opened all the windows.

This afternoon I trimmed a tree while waiting for Mark to get back from Lowe’s and I also repaired some skirting on another trailer and finished a job at the other trailer where I had fixed the floor.  Had to put the carpeting under the floor molding between the kitchen and living room.

Mark got to fix the duct work for the air conditioner, I removed the skirting so he could get under the mobile home.  I really didn’t want to do that job.  The air conditioner works good, blowing cold air!

After that I replaced mini blinds which took me the rest of the day.  I had never seen mini blinds like these, they have three drawstrings on one side and one on the other.  The one is for raising half of the blinds to make a larger space to see out or see in… what ever.  Got them all up before quitting time though.

When I got home I decided to mow parts of the lawns.  What a dirty job! Dust blows everywhere!  Got it done though, I just didn’t want to do it tomorrow and get all dirty again before going to work.

Linda made another batch of green beans and ham!  Delicious!  These should last us a couple of days because I’m the only one eating them, well, she does eat just a little.  I sure don’t like her meals!  She is losing weight though and I guess that is what counts.

Tonight I will take it easy and watch a little TV if I can stay awake… I did get to see the weather and it looks like next week is going to be hotter than this week!  August is almost here!!!  Night Y”all..

No comments:

Post a Comment