Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Monday January 21st 2013

Well, I had the alarm set for 3:30AM but was awake so I got up a little early, took my shower and took Sparky out.  I figure we will have to leave around 4:15AM to get there by 5AM.  We made it in plenty of time.  Don was up and waiting so we got on the road a little early.  Not much traffic at that time of the morning and the parking lot was empty.

Got in and got my paperwork and also had to pay my deductible which really surprised me.  They said I would have to pay the 20% before surgery and it was $147.  I had myself all worked up thinking I would probably have to pay about $1500.  That was a nice surprise. 

Linda didn’t go with us, she shouldn’t be around people I guess and getting up that early and staying up probably wouldn’t be good for her.

They took me back to the prep area and Don went along.  Not sure if they thought we were a couple or not.  The doctor knew because he had met Linda.

I was first in line for surgery, well, second, but the lady before me needed an X-ray so I got in first.  It was kind of funny, I thought I was going to have a local but they put me out.  Woke up in recovery and I think Don was there but I was out of it for quite awhile. 

They got me a glass of water and then a cup of coffee.  I drank the water fine but the coffee I couldn’t drink, it just didn’t taste good.

On the drive home my mouth got dry so I had a mint and that tasted terrible.  Linda was up when I got home and I was supposed to have a prescription at Wal Mart so Don said he would take me down later.  I think it is supposed to be pain medicine.  Well, it doesn’t hurt.  Went for the prescription late though and they didn’t have it so I figure I will take ibuprofen for the pain if it starts hurting.

Felt strange most of the day.  Sometimes I felt great and other times I would get dizzy and sleepy.  I have been finding the things for the EKG that I guess they forgot to take off.  Found three of them so far.  Linda found the last one.

By evening I was feeling pretty good, went over to Don and Cheryl’s for a little while then came back and watched TV.  No pictures, haven’t even had the camera with me so maybe later I will start taking pictures again.

I am tired tonight so I will say…Night Y’all.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah! Glad to hear your cyst is taken care of! That was early though... I hope Linda is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete